Hi all, Welcome back from Spring Break! Try to read 1-3 for Monday’s session, and then skim 4-7. They will be the subject of conversations both on Monday’s session and next week.
Readings: Week 10: Capital campaigns
- FLMNH: How to Give
- CHE: Aiming for Billions
- FundsForNGOs: What is a capital campaign?
- UF Announces largest fundraising campaign in university history
- Gainesville Sun story on the campaign launch (may be paywalled)
- Online Gift Pyramid Calculators: Why They are useful
- Skim for discussion in class
- UF “Go Greater”capital campaign website
- Unit-specific giving opportunities(compare with College of Dentistry Campaign press release (with details on their goals), the IFAS Campaign Site, and the College of Education Capital Campaign site
- UF Go Greater Capital Campaign Style Guide(explore this page for some interesting insights. Start with the Initiatives section! You can also find templates for Impact Reports and acknowledgement letters to donors)
- 10 best capital campaign websites – universities(by a company that builds these, but still – a nice list). They also have nice stuff on building alumni websites.
Readings Week 11: Direct Mail & Internet Solicitation
Lists and Pinterest Boards of Direct Mail/Email suggestions and ideas
- 15 Odd Things That Make Direct Mail Fundraising Appeals Successful
- Write the Perfect Fundraising Email
- Award Winning Direct Mail
- 50+ Subject Lines That Will Get Your Fundraising Emails Opened On December 31st
- Steal this E-Mail! A Sample Year-End Fundraising E-Mail for Your Non-Profit
- Direct Mail Pinterest 1
- Direct Mail Pinterest 2
- Creative Direct Mail for #HigherEd