This is the web page for The Scientific Publication Workshop (WIS 6934, Fall 2015). My goals are to help you:
- Improve your scientific productivity
- Increase your chances of having your manuscript accepted
- Demystify the process of preparing and submitting manuscripts for publication
- Discover what happens after you submit your paper
- Learn about the trends in the world of scientific publishing that have an effect on your graduate studies and future as a researcher.
As in all my courses, we learn by doing, so we will work on a group project with the goal of submitting a manuscript for publication in a peer-reviewed journal. You will also have the opportunity to work on their own manuscripts. You can see the workshop schedule here.
Photo Credit: “Bookshelves” by Germán Póo-Caamaño (CC BY 2.0).